Chimney Sweep Position
B&H Chimneys is seeking a full-time Chimney Sweep to perform chimney inspections, sweeps, and chimney repairs. The position includes some masonry, sheet metal work, woodworking, painting and other repairs related to chimney maintenance and restoration. Applicants possessing the skills and experience listed below will be considered for the position.
- Requires a high school diploma.
- At least 2 years experience in chimney maintenance or similar field.
- Masonry experience preferred.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Ability to think critically and plan ahead.
- Must have access to email and some experience with word processing. (Experience with Apple iOS devices preferred)
- Must be friendly and able to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers. Excellent customer service skills are a must!
- Must have a valid Maryland drivers license and experience driving cargo vans.
- Experience setting up and working on scaffolding and ladders is required.
- Must have knowledge of safe work practices, particularly at heights.
- Applicants should be able to work comfortably at high heights, on many types of roofs, and have the ability to lift and carry 80 pounds.